Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 22/365 -- Santo Niño Fiesta


Hi there! We went to Anaheim this morning to attend a gathering for the feast of Santo Niño (The Holy Child). Back in the Philippines, I remember we used to attend the same thing. I mean, we always celebrate the feast of Santo Niño. There were always parades and processions. It's also one of the famous celebrations in the Visayas Region, particularly in Cebu where they call it "Sinulog Festival". It is a very colorful and lively celebration. The whole region prepares for it. I wish to experience it myself. :)

It was my first time to attend one here. It was fun, especially the part where you can dance your Santo Niño around while the priest blesses everyone with Holy Water. Ofcourse, almost everyone who attended were Filipinos. It was nice. Mass was at 10, followed by a short novena, then procession and rosary. After that everyone went to the school gym (because the parish has its own school), and there we had our lunch salo-salo which was sooo crazy because everyone wanted to get into the line and I guess everyone was hungry so they were all like just trying to situate themselves wherever as long as they can get into the line fast. Of that which kinda disappoints me. You know, still a typical Filipino thing. I was expecting it to be more organized, but sadly, it wasn't. Well, after like almost an hour in line, we got food. :) Then there were intermission numbers by different dance groups, and maybe students from the school. It was entertaining and fun. But hey, look at what I've found!


Ain't that so adorable? :) (idk if he's a she or she's a he haha!) But he looks like a boy to me so I assume he's a boy. Yea, he was very popular a while ago that everyone who saw him feels amazed and like, "look! he's so cute!" :P yepp! that's a baby dressed in a Santo Niño attire. :) Soooooooo cuteeeeee! :)

It was an extra special day for us, especially for kids. And yes, my brother was extra especially blessed at church today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment